Older millennials are prioritizing time spent at home with friends, family and streaming services, according to a recent survey commissioned by American Express. Fortunately, with the Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express consumers can get rewarded for their new holiday routine.
This year, older millennials are enjoying the holidays at home with friends and family – streaming this season’s hit shows or listening to their favorite holiday song on repeat. In fact, the study found, 86% of older millennials are streaming more during the holidays compared to the rest of the year.
Seasonal Streaming: Older Millennials Streaming More During the Holidays
The survey found that as older millennials host their “framily”, or friends who have become family, for holiday festivities, they are finding more opportunities to stream their favorite content:
- 87% of older millennials occasionally or frequently stream music, TV shows or movies while home with family/friends during the holidays
- 82% of older millennials say it is likely that every holiday party they attend this season will be streaming music, TV shows or movies
- 67% of older millennials have streamed music or TV to break up small talk at holiday parties
Additionally, older millennials are on the search for new streaming services, with 62% likely to sign up for one or more of the new streaming services launched this fall.
Consumers can earn 6% cash back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions with the Blue Cash Preferred Card so they can keep their holiday themed music playing throughout the season.
Older Millennials Prefer Framily Dinners to Lavish Nights Out
During the holiday season, older millennials are also finding more time for celebrations at home with their friends and family. In fact, according to the study/survey, 80% of older millennials would rather go to a holiday dinner party or potluck than go to dinner at a restaurant.
This year, older millennials are prioritizing hosting their loved ones over dining out and they are willing to pay for it. On average, older millennials expect to spend $326 on groceries for a holiday party.
Whether streaming your favorite holiday movies with friends or grabbing dessert on the way to your family dinner party, the Blue Cash Preferred Card has you covered with:
- 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 in purchases per year, then 1%)
- 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions
- 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations
- 3% Cash Back on transit, including parking, tolls, trains and rideshares
- 1% Cash Back on other purchases (Cash Back is earned in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed for a statement credit)
To learn more about how the American Express Blue Cash Preferred Card can reward you this season, visit americanexpress.com/blue-cash-preferred. Terms and limitations apply.